If you haven’t been to a Schaumburg Boomers game, you are missing out on a fun-filled game. Whether you want family night or a night out, the Boomers have you covered, but what is a Boomer?
Boomer is the nickname of the male Greater Prairie Chicken, a native bird of Illinois. The nickname comes from the noise, a booming like sound, during mating season. The Greater Prairie Chicken is a distinctive bird, with colorful markings.
- Mostly live in the Great Plaines, with large populations in Kansas & Nebraska
- Were served at fine restaurants
- On the Illinois Endangered Species Protection Board
- Part of an Illinois Prairie Chicken Recovery Plan
- Only about 100 remain in Illinois now and there were 12 million in the 1800s
Now you know what a boomer is, win a chance to see the Schaumburg Boomers play! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win Schaumburg Boomers Tickets to the Saturday, August 4th game a 6 p.m. One random entry will be selected on July 30th! If you can’t make that game, check out our deal for 4-reserved box seats for ONLY $20!