This 4th of July, many of us will be celebrating with barbecues, picnics and festivals. But with temperatures expected to stay in the 90s all week, it’s important to remember to keep cool. Here’s some tips to beat the heat this Independence Day:
- Dress the Part. Wear loose-fitting clothing made from natural fabrics. Avoid dark colors, since they absorb heat.
- Stay Hydrated. Drink plenty of water. Drink alcohol and caffeine in moderation, or avoid them altogether. If you’re playing sports or exerting yourself, keep sports drinks with electrolytes on hand.
- Ice Things Up. Keep plastic water bottles in the freezer. You can use them as a refreshing icepack, and as it melts, you can drink the water. Keep lots of icecubes on hand, and place them on your neck and wrists to help your body feel cooler.
- Eat Cool Foods. Eat fresh fruit for a refreshing and nutritious snack. Add mint to some of your favorite foods and drinks–it has excellent cooling properties. Also, spicy food can increase perspiration and activate endorphins to help you feel cooler.
- Check out Our Deals. Cool off with deals like 50% off frozen yogurt from Gyros House & Ice Cream Palace or 50% off smoothies from E-Z Nutrition.
Have a safe and happy 4th of July!