Before we smell the blooming May flowers, we have to endure the gloomy April showers. Here are some ways to turn your stormy frown upside down on a rainy day:
- Catch a flick at the movie theater with your honey or your little bunnies. The crackling thunder can add much-needed sound effects to your movie selection. Stay tuned for Deals Magazine’s surprise AMC Theatre ticket sales.
- Cross off some items from your to-do list on the days when drizzle traps you in the house. Clean out your closet or whip up that recipe you’ve been dying to try. Whether the meal turns out delicious or disastrous (as in my case) at least you gave it a shot.
- Catch up on TV shows. Though I definitely find ways to watch TV marathons rain or shine, those with real lives should snatch this chance to expand their TV encyclopedia. Let me know if you need any suggestions.
- Dramatize the scenes in your life. There’s a reason the most popular scene in The Notebook is a fight and a kiss in the rain. Next time you and your significant other have a fight about washing the dishes, take it out in the pouring rain. Not only will the fight be infinitely cooler, your dishes will get washed too. Problem solved.
- Keep an eye out for the rainbow. You may have to look hard and possibly use your imagination, but it’s almost always worth the effort and the rain.