It’s March second, and that means (in Maggie’s world) that the spring season has officially begun. Although it doesn’t technically begin until the twentieth, there’s no reason to defer spring for another 18 days. Here are some tips to help you get into the spring of things and kick off your warming-up season.
- Quit listening to folksy, wintery rock music. Music has a huge impact on mood. It’s time to bust out the upbeat British pop tunes and sunny, retro beach music.
- Wear your sunglasses. All the time. Trust me, looking at the world through rose-colored glasses (or bronze-colored, depending on your lenses) will make you feel like the air around you is a lot warmer.
- Now that it’s March, a flower could theoretically bloom. It’s okay (and encouraged) to wear floral prints.
- Spray lilac air freshener all around your home. Your dog will be really annoyed, but spring will be in the air!
- Go to the farmer’s market. You won’t even have to pretend it’s spring there. The efforts of Chicagoland’s farmers will prove it to you.
- Do your spring cleaning. There’s nothing to get you in the mood for a refreshing change like scrubbing specks of mold off your toothpaste holder.
- Open up all your windows for one hour. If you’re cold, put on a jacket. Your home needs fresh air, and you’ll feel much better once four months’ worth of stuffy air is gone.
Happy Spring (kind of)!