Today we are happy to feature a blog post from one of our merchants, Dr. Paul Nottoli from Vitality Chiropractic Center in Aurora:
Here a few simple tips to help balance stress and tension in our lives:
1. Get moving. The average sedentary person takes about 1,000 to 3,000 steps a day. Purchase a pedometer and add 500 steps each week until you get to 10,000 steps a day. Take the stairs whenever possible, park farther away from the store when you go shopping, take the dog for a walk, or form a walking club.
2. If you work at a desk, sit tall and you will naturally bring your shoulders back and head back to neutral and out of a slouching position. Also, take more frequent breaks during your work day and walk around if possible.
3. Step away from your cellphone, TV and computer for at least five minutes a day. Meditate, pray or just sit in silence. If the only time you can have silence is when you get into your car before you head home or pick up the kids, spend that time recharging your brain with silence before you begin driving.
4. Avoid paying bills, watching the news or doing anything else that can stress you out before you go to bed. Take your TV out of your bedroom and make sure you have curtains that don’t let light in. It is important to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
5. See a chiropractor. Proper spinal joint function and alignment allows for proper brain and nervous system functioning. Chiropractic can also help with back pain, headaches and poor posture, which will balance stress in the body.
Also, be sure to check out Vitality’s WhereYouShop deal!