It’s hard to stay on a healthy diet year-round when you kick off the new year with bottles of champagne. Quench your thirst, keep your health and appease your taste buds with these drink ideas:
- Vegetable Juice: As nutritious as fruit drinks with half the calories.
- Fruit Smoothies: Stick to fresh fruits and no added sugar, whipped cream or honey. Try a refreshing fruit smoothie for 50% off from nuVibe in Lockport.
- Fruit Juices: Remember, no added sugar, and the pulpier the better.
- Black Coffee: Rich in antioxidants and mood boosters, black coffee also contains no calories. Keep your eye out for a surprise Starbucks deal from WhereYouShop to boost your mood.
- Green Tea: Not only contains helpful antioxidants, but also boosts your metabolism.
- Milk: Low-fat and skim milk can help contribute to the breakdown of fat cells in your body, but don’t drink too much or the calories will outweigh the benefits.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: May not be the best tasting, but tradition holds that it greatly boosts your metabolism. Start your new year with adventurous choices.
- Ice Water: The cheapest and most powerful weight loss drink because it helps you feel full, boosts your metabolism and has zero calories.
Adapted from “Top 10 Healthy Drinks That Can Help You Lose Weight” at Promote Health & Wellness.