It’s well into January and Chicagoland has only had a small glimpse of the cold, snowy winter that weathermen predicted we’d see in 2012. With the weather in Chicago as variable as well…the weather in Chicago, we still have ample time to see a huge blizzard – whether or not today’s Winter Storm Warning turns into a full-fledged blizard or just a light bout of flurries. Here are some fun things you and your family can do when (and if) we see Snowpocalypse 2012:
- Play a board game – A snow day is the perfect time to gather the family and relieve boredom with fake money and some healthy competition.
- Make snow ice cream – Even though it’s cold out, there’s only one time of year you can make this sweet treat.
- Build a snowman (or snow family) – Relive your childhood snow days by busting out a carrot, buttons and an old scarf and building your own battalion of snow people.
- Make some comfort food – Nothing warms you up after a day of playing in the snow like a warm bowl of soup or stew.
- Build a snow fort – There’s no better place to start plotting your neighborhood’s snowball war than inside a super-cool igloo. Make sure to stock it to the ceiling with ammo!
- Warm up – Sit back and enjoy a cup of cocoa in front of the fireplace, or if you don’t have a fireplace, pop in a fireplace video or light a few candles.