I’d love to travel the world someday, but for now the majority of my journeys are works of an overactive imagination. Reading and watching movies are an easy escape from the everyday. Here are a few fictional places I’d drop a ton of money to visit in real life:
- Camelot – Who wouldn’t love to visit the realm that defines courtly love and chivalry? I’d sit at the round table, attend a feast and meet the characters that inspired generations of writers.
- Avonlea from the Anne of Green Gables series – This idyllic little town gives plenty of scope for the imagination and offers a variety of shenanigans to keep you entertained.
- Belle’s Library from Beauty and the Beast – With so many books, I don’t think I would ever leave…
- Milliways from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series – What better way to spend a meal than at the end of time and matter? Get there by time travel, watch the universe while you eat, make reservations after you get home and pay with a penny!
- Hogwarts and Diagon Alley from the Harry Potter series– If you know anything about me, you knew this was coming. Mythical beasts, talking portraits, Quidditch and more make everything in this world appealing. I would explore every nook and cranny of the wizarding world if only given the opportunity.