A drawback of getting my first real, grown-up job is making the jump from Pink sweatpants and free T-shirts to a business-casual dress code. A second drawback is not having any money saved up to spend on the ridiculously overpriced professional wear. So what did I do? I got creative.
- I throw on a blazer or cardigan and transform my “going out” clothes.
- I’ve doubled my closet…by using my mom’s.
- I’ve tripled my laundry days.
- I’m the first one in line when New York & Co. sends me an email saying they have 10% off. (Bring on the WYS deals!)
- I try to pass off my casual wear as business dress and hope no one notices.
- I get way too excited for casual Fridays.
By next year I hope to win the “best dressed” award, but for now… I just want to keep my job.